Are you chomping at the bit for some holiday fun?
On Thursday, Dec. 1 from 5:30-7:30 p.m., children ages 5-11 years old are invited to the 8th annual Deck the Howls for shelter animals event at the Humane Society of Missouri’s Macklind Avenue location. Wear your favorite pajamas and celebrate the howliday season with the adoptable dogs and cats at the Humane Society of Missouri.
Fun, furry and festive activities will include:
- Reading favorite howliday tales to the adoptable pets by “candlelight”
- Making cozy pillows to keep furry friends warm while they wait for a fur-ever home
- Creating DIY enrichment toys for our feline friends
- Decorating canine cookies provided by Treats Unleashed
- Making a shelter pet photo keepsake to take home
- Enjoying cookies and cocoa while spending quality time with the sweet animals
Holiday books will be provided by our friends from the St. Louis County Library. Feel free to bring your favorite holiday story too!
To limit the number of people in the building, we encourage parents to drop their children off for the event.
Space is limited! Register today. Program fee is only $15/child.
Did you know?
Reading helps shy dogs learn to relax around people and reconditions them to approach visitors at the kennel-front and helps them get adopted more quickly. When children read stories to the animals, it also helps them develop their own reading skills and nurtures their empathy for animals. If your child would like to learn more about our Shelter Buddy Reading Program and sign up to become a Shelter Buddy Volunteer, the first step is to sign up for one of our training sessions.
See upcoming training dates here: Shelter Buddies Reading Program