Join other professionals in their 20s and 30s who are passionate about helping pets. Use your skills to help animals in need.
Network with other emerging leaders
Participate in volunteer and leadership opportunities
Promote adoption and responsible pet ownership
Help abused, neglected, and homeless animals in Missouri
Gain access to special events
What We Do
The Young Friends of the Humane Society of Missouri volunteer with the animals and host special events to promote HSMO. Our biggest Young Friends event, BarktoberFest, takes place every October at Urban Chestnut in Midtown. We also contribute to the success of Bark in the Park and other events throughout the year.
This year we have two main goals:
- 1,000 Volunteer Hours
- Raise $10,000 for the Foster Program
We hold several very exciting fundraising and animal wellness events throughout the year. We welcome professionals from all backgrounds. Thank you for your interest!
- Bark in The Park: May 21, 2022
- Dog Yoga: June 15, 2022
- Barktoberfest: October 2022 (exact date TBD)
- Hounddog Holiday Trivia Night: December 21, 2021
- Barktoberfest: October 28, 2021
- Dog Yoga: June 23, 2021
- Bark in YOUR Park: April 1-17, 2021 | Successfully raised: $1,390 toward our goal of $1,000
- Yappy Hour: April 10, 2021 at the Chelsea STL Building | 5539 Pershing Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63112